Chapter: Sausage Making Recipes
Recipe: Bratwurst (Sausage Making)
Bratwurst (Sausage Making)
3 Ft small hog casings (1-1/2-inch diameter)
1 1/2 lb Lean pork butt, cubed
1 lb Veal, cubed
1/2 lb Pork fat, cubed
1/4 ts Ground allspice
1/2 ts Crushed caraway seeds
1/2 ts Dried marjoram
1 ts Fresh ground white pepper
1 ts Salt, or to taste
1. Prepare the casings.
2. Grind the pork, veal, and pork fat separately through the fine blade
of the grinder.
3. Mix the ground meats and grind again.
4. Add the remaining ingredients to the meat mixture and mix thoroughly.
5. Stuff the mixture into the casings and twist off into four- or
6. Refrigerate for up to two days. The bratwurst can be pan fired or
grilled over charcoal.
Posted by Paul A. Meadows to rec.food.recipes on April 16, 1995.
nito500 / 123RF Stock Photo 5969109