Chapter: "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
Section: Vegetable: Hot
Recipe: Sweet Potato and Ginger Soup
Sweet Potato and Ginger Soup
2 Tbsp ginger chopped
2 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
3 leeks, chopped (white and light green only)
4 sweet potatoes, peel and dice
pinch cayenne, salt and pepper
6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
2 Tsp ground coriander
1 Tbsp ground cumin
lemon juice (optional)
Saute leeks, potatoes and ginger in hot coconut oil till softened (13
Add spices, stir well.
Add stock, bring to the boil and simmer till cooked (15 minutes).
Buzz or put through blender puree. Before serving add splash of lemon
Makes 8 1 cup servings.
- I threw this is in the slow cooker, which doesn't need the oil.
- I would add 1/2 a small butternut squash to round out the flavor.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top.
- I also added an apple and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Next time I'll put some bacon in it.
- I modified it, using what was in the kitchen: 2 large sweet potatoes and
half an acorn squash, 1 leek and 1 red onion, mushroom broth, lots of
ginger, and a cube of frozen garlic and basil from the garden last summer.
By: PCREIGHTON. From SparkPeople