Chapter: Vegetable Recipes
Recipe: Asparagus Broccoli Stir Fry
Asparagus Broccoli Stir Fry
1 lb Asparagus
1/2 cup Broccolli florets
1 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1 Shallot Onion (finely chopped)
1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
2 tblsp Oil
Lemon Juice - from 1 lemon (2 tblsp)
1. Break the woody ends from the bottom of the asparagus and discard. Next
cut it into 1 inch pieces.
2. In a small bowl, combine papper, garam masala, salt, ginger garlic paste
and little oil.
3. Add the broccolli florets and asparagus pieces to this bowl and toss
well to coat the masala very well on the veggies.
4. In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the chopped onion and fry for 2
5. Next add the veggies and stir-fry for 5 minutes on medium-high flame.
Switch off when the veggies are still crunchy.
6. Add the lemon juice and toss.
Tip: The same recipe can be done with asparagus alone or broccoli alone.
Other vegetables that can be used are zucchini, cauliflower etc.
From: Simple Indian Recipes