Chapter: Vegetable Recipes
Recipe: Delicious Pakistani Okra
Delicious Pakistani Okra
1/4 kg okra
1 tsp cumin seed
5 tbsps oil
1 tsp tamarind paste (without seed)
3/4 onion (sliced)
3 diced tomatoes
3/4 tsp chili powder (optional)
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 green chilies (optional)
1 tsp red pepper flakes (crushed)
1. Heat 1 and 1/2 Tbsp of oil in a fry pan on high heat.
2. Add Okra and let it cook until some okay start to go brown (about 5
mintues); stirring frequently.
3. Remove Okra from the pan and set aside on a plate.
4. Put the remaining oil in the pan.
5. Add sliced onions, cumin seeds, green chillis and red pepper flakes and
stir on high heat untill onions start to turn brown.
6. Add salt, turmeric, chilli powder, tomatoes then stir and mix well. Cook
for 1-2 minutes.
7. Add okra and tamarind and mix things together well.
8. Cover and simmier on low - med heat for 30 minutes.
9. Serve hot.
James Barker / FreeDigitalPhotos.net 100240